Friday, August 26, 2011

My new school year resolution. 
I don’t know about you but I’ve been
feeling the need to get organized.

 New School year, New Resolution…This year I have decided to try to have a clutter free year! The first thing I did was to de-clutter… ohhhh believe me it felt good to fill garbage bags with





 “stuff” to donate. The difficult part is to begin but once you start then you are unstoppable. That part is done. Now my resolution is to buy fewer things and to be more selective, instead of just getting more ”stuff”. Bargains are great but in my opinion that is part of the problem…it is so easy to stock up on miscellaneous things. I am not sure about you but I would love to have my place full of valuable things…(valuable not necessarily expensive things). My first option is always “hand made”. That is one of the reason that inspired us to create My City Artisans. The value is in knowing somebody put effort, thought, time and passion creating that special object . Sometimes those special items cost a little more, but the extra cost is not only worth it, it will actually tie into my resolution. I will buy fewer items and take better care of them because they are not so disposable. (We tend to take better care of the thing that cost us a little more) So everybody wins!!! Less items, less clutter…better for the environment, my sanity….and of course our Artisans! Ana

.

No comments:

Post a Comment