Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Don’t Shoot the Messenger but
Christmas is Getting Close!
Okay, I know its only August, but for us crafters, this is the time we get ready for all those upcoming Christmas craft sales. Are you ready? I most certainly am not but I am getting excited!

.
I love looking around at the craft sales and being inspired by so much creativity, listening to the carols, and planning my Christmas presents. But, on the work side of it, it can get very hectic and chaotic.

Sooooo…instead of waiting until October to rush to get enough inventory ready for the sales, why not start in earnest now while you sip margaritas around the pool, relaxing at the campsites, or enjoying a cozy campfire. I know we often don’t want to think about the holidays yet (and I know many of you are groaning just with the mere mention of it) but it really will reduce your stress in the holiday season.

I also wanted to share one of my favorite treasures from a holiday craft sale. It is a lighted class block and is actually quite simple to make.
You can find these glass blocks at any building store (Rona, Home Hardware, etc), you drill a small hole in the side very carefully, you feed in a set of miniature lights, add a decorative bow and VOILA! Plug it into the wall and you are done.

 It is SO beau-ti-ful!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment