Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Amy's Boutique
After making many cute ‘girlie’ things for her daughters, Amy Collins was encouraged
by her family and friends to turn her talent into a business. Taking their advice,
she opened Amy’s Bowtique in September 2009, she says.

“I first started making my products for my youngest daughter, Lily Marie, because I
needed something that would look cure on her bald head and match all her outfits,”
says Amy. “The hats with the flowers worked really well, then I moved to headbands.
Then, when she grew some hair, I made clips. My girlfriends and family started
asking me for some and that’s when I decided to open a shop.”

Amy’s Bowtique sells bows, clips, baby shoes, leg warmers, pacifier clips,
fascinators, fairy wings, jewelry, tutus, tutu dresses, and the list goes on. Amy
says that her favorite items are the tutu dresses.

“I love to make the tutu dresses! My best sellers are the tutus, the tutu dresses,
the flowers, and the headbands,” she says. “The furthest sales I’ve made so far are
to Philadelphia and Texas.”
You can find Amy’s Bowtique here on My City Artisans
The products are all handmade by Amy and, in some cases, are custom orders that can
take a few days to complete, she says. Amy enjoys the flexibility and fun of having
her own business making cute girlie things while still being able to be a great mom
to her three girls, Elizabeth, Victoria, and Lily. She plans to keep creating new
products, all inspired by her daughters of course, for girls everywhere.

For more information on AMy’s Bowtique and to view her creations, visit her page




.



No comments:

Post a Comment