Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Don't wait till culture days
To me there is nothing more fun and relaxing
than to get together with friends and create.

But sometimes routine gets in the way
and I seem not to find the time to do it.



.

This past culture day I had a little reminder of how much fun this can be. Usually I try to enrich my kids lives as much as possible and usually culture days I find an activity for them. This year I decided to take that day for me and joined a free abstract workshop at the Mc Laughlin Gallery in Oshawa.

It was fantastic, not only did I have a great time but also it inspired me to do this more often.

The instructor Shannon Bowdring told us to create like when we were kids.That is exactly what I tried to do. Even though I was in a room full of strangers…(very nice strangers I must add) strangers nevertheless. I tried to visualize the way my kids create when I take them to a workshop. They just want to have fun..they don’t care about the final product necessarily, they paint, glue, and enjoy.

Well I tried to do just that…and I was very happy with the result.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment