Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sneak peek at my daughter’s Christmas gift
I am terrible at keeping secrets. Since I can’t show my 9 year old daughter one of her Christmas gifts …. I’ve decided to share it pretty much with everyone else.

That’s how bad I am, I have to let it out! Every year, I try very hard to find a special gift for my kids, something meaningful and different. This year I found it at a local craft show.


.
Ginette Ford, a local crafter I met recently at a show, gives old Barbies a new lease on life. With a dramatic makeover, she designs and sews the outfits and accessories for these dolls. She even completes their look with a new hairdo!

Every year, my daughter usually asks Santa for the Barbie “Christmas Edition”. This year, after spending a while at this craft show admiring all the dolls on display, I could tell how much she adored the one in the picture above. Fortunately the craft show was not far from my place. I drove home with a disappointed girl in the car, just to drop her home, give her an excuse of having to run more errands and ran back to the show to get the doll. Sneaky Santa, that’s me.
One purchase gives a little spark in 3 people’s Christmas. This is what buying handmade is all about. When was the last time you felt so happy knowing you found a special handmade gift for someone. Perhaps you were the recipient of a handmade gift?
Didn't that make you feel special? Share your story here or send it to us at info@mycityartisans.ca


.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love this! My niece would love something this original for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete